Blueberry Barbecue Chicken
- 8 pieces bone-in skin-on pasture-raised chicken
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- Place chicken in a large pot and fill with water until chicken is covered by a 2 inches or so. Bring to a simmer on the stove, reduce heat and continue to gently simmer for about 45 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- meanwhile in a large saucepan combine the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occassionally, for about 15- 20 minutes or until the blueberries are softening. Blend with an immersion blender (or you can put into the food processor) until desired consistency. Taste for seasoning.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Grill chicken for about 5 minutes per side. start basting with sauce, turning every 3-4 minutes, basting 2 times per side.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and garnish with fresh chopped rosemary. Serve extra sauce on the side.