Cook Time: 1.5-2 hrs
1 Pasture Raised Chicken, Whole (4.5-6 lbs)
4 Tablespoons Butter or Ghee
10-12 baby red potatoes
5-6 large carrots
2 Sprigs rosemary
- Be sure chicken is completely thawed before cooking. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the butter (or ghee), zest of the lemon, and one sprig of rosemary chopped.
- Season the outside of the chicken with salt, pepper, thyme and turmeric. Spread the herb butter mixture over the top of the chicken and under the skin if desired.
- Spread onions, carrots and potatoes evenly on the bottom of a large cast iron pan or 9×13 inch baking dish. Coat the veggies in avocado oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and turmeric.
- Place the chicken on top. Fill inside cavity with lemon and the remaining sprig of rosemary.
- Roast the chicken uncovered at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Then cover and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and roast for 20 minutes per pound or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and cover with foil allowing it to rest for 10 minutes before serving.