Beef Barbacoa Superfood Tacos
- Crock Pot
- 4 lb beef roast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 chipotle peppers in odobo
- 6 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 scoops Wellmade Restorative Balance Blend
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Cut the roast into 6- 8 large pieces. Heat oil in a large skillet or dutch oven. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Sear the beef on all sides, divide into 2 batches if necessary to not crowd the pan (this is how you get that nice crust).
- Meanwhile in a food processor add 1/4 cup beef broth, chipotles, and garlic. Process until smooth.
- Add the browned beef to a slow-cooker along with the chipotle mixture. Pour in the remaining broth, cumin, oregano, and Balance. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the beef from the slow-cooker and shred with 2 forks. add the shredded beef back to the slow-cooker with the juices. Stir in the fresh lime juice.
- Serve in tortilla shells with all the fixings! Enjoy!