Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time:2-2.5 hours
2 lbs Spring Cut Stew Meat
8 celery chutes
2 bay leaves
40-50 ounces beef broth
4 medium potatoes
1 quart diced tomatoes
2 small cans tomato paste
2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Heat avocado oil in a large dutch oven. Add meat to oil and season. Sautée the beef until browned. Remove meat and set aside.
- Add celery and onion to the pan. Cook until translucent. Season as desired. Add beef broth, bay leaves and beef with juices that have accumulated to the dutch oven. Reduce heat to low and simmer (covered) for 1-1.5 hours.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and diced tomatoes to the dutch oven, continue to simmer until vegetables are cooked through.
- Thicken to desired consistency using tomato paste.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.