There are SO many benefits to drinking bone broth. I highly recommend doing some in-depth research on bone broth yourself, but here are just a few key benefits:
- Heal and Seal your Gut – Ever heard of leaky gut?! Bone broth can both heal and protect against leaky gut.
- Collagen – Supports skin, hair, and nails.
- Joint Health – Bone broth contains glucosamine, which plays a vital role in building and repairing cartilage.
- Immunity – Bone broth contains a high concentration of nutrients and minerals.
- 3-4lbs beef bones (available in our comfort cuts bundle)
- 4 large organic carrots
- 6 organic celery stocks
- 2 organic bay leaves
- 2 organic onions
Step 1 – Blanch the bones
Cover the bones with cold water in a pot on the stovetop. Bring the bones to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Then drain and rinse the bones in cold water.
Step 2 – Roast the bones & vegetables
Preheat oven to 450. Put bones and vegetables on roasting pans (be sure to not pile them on top of one another). Roast for 30 minutes.
Move roasted bones and vegetables into a crockpot and bring to a boil. Add enough water to cover the bones and vegetables by 1 inch. Cover and bring to a low boil.
Step 4 – Simmer
Simmer for 10-12 hours or up to 24 hours. Be sure to add more water to keep the bones and vegetables covered.
Step 5 – Strain
Strain the broth. I use a fine mesh strainer. If you want your broth extra clear, strain a second time through a cheese cloth.
After the broth has cooled you can skim the fat off, if you prefer.
Broth should be used or frozen within 4 days.